Platform as a Service Offering
The SWARM Perception Box is a managed black box, meaning you do not need to manage hardware/OS/driver/security patches, but you also cannot access the system.
For getting started, you require the following 3 Steps:
Below you can find instructions on how to install the specific products we are offering. Additional requirements for specific use cases, can be found in the Use Case Section of our Documentation.
Perception Box P101
Outdoor Perception Box - OP101
- SWARM Perception Box P101
- Power adapter (barrel jack)
- 1 x PoE Switch/Router with DHCP service
- 1 x RTSP camera (powered via PoE, or power cable)
- Ethernet cables (cat5e or higher)
- 1.Connect the P101 with power via barrel jack (power adapter delivered with P101)
- 2.Connect the P101 and the camera to your network with ethernet cables.
- 3.Ensure that IPs (and DNS, gateway) are issued to P101 and camera by the DHCP service.
Once the P101 is connected to power and network with Internet connectivity, the Perception Box should be online in your SWARM Control Center.
- Outdoor box OP101 including
- Pole mounting KIT
- Seal for Ethernet cable & power cable
- 1 or 2 x RTSP camera (powered via PoE)
- 1 x Ethernet cable (cat5e or higher, without kink protection)
- 1 x IoT Ready SIM card - size: standard mini SIM - (no PIN protection and no need for APN configuration)
- Connection to 230V power
- 1.Open up OP101 and insert the SIM card into the LTE stick
- 2.Test if LTE stick connectivity works on your PC
- 3.Plug LTE stick again into OP101
- 4.Configure static IP on your IP camera. We recommend using the IP 192.168.3.164, but you may use any IP within the same subnet (the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0)
- 6.Directly connect the camera to the OP101 via an Ethernet cable
In order to seal the connections with the ethernet cable please use the seals delivered with OP101 or camera
For OP101 the seal looks like this:
Once the OP101 is connected to power and network via LTE stick, the box status is online in SWARM Control Center.
After the Perception Box is successfully connected with the SWARM Control Center, you require configuring the used camera and scenario you are fulfilling.
For the already configured scenarios, you can gather your data either via MQTT or create Dashboards in our Data Analytics. Those dashboards offer out of the box visualizations as well as REST API's to gather more insights.