Comment on page
SWARM Perception Platform Overview
The SWARM Perception Platform consists of the following major components:
- SWARM Perception Agent: The SWARM software running on our products P101/OP101/VPX. The video from an RTSP camera/USB camera is processed with the help of deep learning. Events are generated and sent via MQTT to either Data Analytics or a custom MQTT broker. Single or multi-camera processing is supported. The engine is configured solely through the SCC.
SWARM Platform Architecture
- Data Analytics API (high level)
- Events are sent and stored in Azure Cloud environment managed by Swarm
- Events are processed and stored by Swarm
- The API enables easy integration with third party systems
- MQTT (low level)
- Requires to operate an MQTT server
- Requires the storing/processing of raw events
- Enables on the edge processing for time-critical and/or offline use cases
The architecture is based on the following principles:
- Centralized data analytics, device configuration, and update management.
- Hosted in the Microsoft Azure Cloud, maintained by Swarm.
- Decentralized camera stream processing at the edge
- Generated data (Events) and management traffic are decoupled.
- Support for heterogeneous network infrastructure
- Scale from one to thousands of SWARM Perception agents